Richard MisianoChief Executive Officer
Richard Misiano has joined BUCKLER as Chief Executive Officer.
Mr. Misiano has over 30 years of Wall Street experience and was most recently the Head of Capital Markets and Prime Brokerage at Mirae Asset Securities LLC.
- Prior to joining Mirae, Mr. Misiano was Managing Director of Global Fixed Income Finance and Repo at the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Financial Services LLC. From 2005 to 2011, Mr. Misiano managed Global Fixed Income Financing and Repo at ING Financial Markets and ING Bank, NV. Mr. Misiano's educational background includes an MBA from the Long Island University Roth Graduate School of Business, and a B.A. from the State University of New York at Stony Brook.
Mark R. GruberChief Operating Officer
Mark Gruber has been the Chief Operating Officer of ARMOUR Capital Management and ARMOUR Residential REIT Inc. (collectively “ARMOUR”) since September 3, 2013 and the Head of Portfolio Management since June 2010.
- From April 2008 until joining ACM in June 2010, Mr. Gruber managed a $1.1 billion mortgage portfolio for Penn Mutual Life Insurance. From June 2005 to March 2008, Mr. Gruber was Vice President of Research and Trading at Bimini Capital Management, Inc., a publicly-traded REIT that managed $4 billion in agency mortgage assets. Mr. Gruber previously worked for Lockheed Martin at the Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory where he was an engineer for the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program. Mr. Gruber holds an M.B.A. with University Honors from the Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon, an M.S. degree in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering from the University of Virginia, and a B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering with High Honors from Lehigh University.
James R. MountainChief Financial Officer
James R. Mountain has been the Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer of ARMOUR Capital Management and ARMOUR Residential REIT Inc. (collectively “ARMOUR”) since September 2012 and the Secretary of ARMOUR since March 2014.
- Mr. Mountain joined ARMOUR after having spent over 30 years at Deloitte. Mr. Mountain has significant experience in securitization transactions, having been involved in that market since its inception in the mid-1980s, and having helped to build Deloitte's securitization practice. Mr. Mountain is the Chair of the Financial Management Committee of the Mortgage Bankers Association and an ex officio member of the Association's Residential Board of Governors. Mr. Mountain earned his Bachelor of Arts degrees in accounting and in economics from the University of Montana, as well as a M.B.A. degree from the University of California, Berkeley. He is a Certified Public Accountant and a member of the American Accounting Association and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Mr. Mountain is a Trustee of the University of Montana Foundation and previously chaired the Foundation's investment committee and its audit and finance committee.
Scott J. UlmPrincipal
Scott Ulm has been the Co-Chief Executive Officer, Co-Vice Chairman, Chief Investment Officer and Head of Risk Management of ARMOUR Capital Management and ARMOUR Residential REIT Inc. (collectively “ARMOUR”) since November 2009.
- Mr. Ulm has 31 years of structured finance and debt capital markets experience, including mortgage-backed securities. Mr. Ulm has advised numerous U.S., European, and Asian financial institutions and corporations on balance sheet and capital raising matters. He held a variety of senior positions at Credit Suisse both in New York and London, including Global Head of Asset-Backed Securities, Head of United States and European Debt Capital Markets and the Global Co-Head of Collateralized Debt Obligations. Mr. Ulm holds a B.A. summa cum laude from Amherst College, an M.B.A. from Yale School of Management and a J.D. from Yale Law School.
Michael A. GoldbergHead of Operations
Michael Goldberg is BUCKLER Securities Head of Operations. Mr. Goldberg has 15 years of experience in the financial services industry.
- Prior to joining BUCKLER, Michael worked in Collateral Management and Middle Office Services at BNY Mellon and The Midway Group, where he held several roles over a 10 year span including Operations, P&L, Repo Trading, Hedge Trading, and Risk Management. Earlier in his career, Michael was an Assistant Vice President in Prime Brokerage Risk Management at Credit Suisse. Mr. Goldberg has an M.B.A. in Finance from Pace University and a B.A. in Finance from Binghamton University.
Rian MurphyDirector, Repo Sales and Business Development
Rian Murphy joined BUCKLER in July of 2018 to spearhead the effort to expand BUCKLER's business model and offering repo financing capabilities to include third party business.
- Rian has over 20 years of experience with deep operational knowledge and solid business relationships that include MBS REITS, hedge funds and insurance companies. Prior to BUCKLER, Rian was employed at JVB Financial focusing on MBS origination and repo sales. Mr. Murphy was also a Director at Credit Suisse for 15 years as a member of the Money Market Sales team. He began his career at Citibank N.A in the capital markets credit limit and exposure group. Mr. Murphy has a B.A from Iona College.
Jim CornishDirector, Repo Sales and Trading
Jim Cornish actively traded repo for over 30 years at Goldman Sachs. As a Vice President on the STIR Desk, he successfully ran a multi-billion dollar matchbook utilizing general collateral and futures while focusing on specials, where he became a market leader.
- Engaging in all kinds of market environments, Jim routinely provided enormous liquidity to hosts of clients, such as insurance companies, money funds, central banks and particularly hedge funds. As an integral team member, he mentored many younger traders and salespeople during his tenure. Jim attained a BSBA degree from Georgetown University.
Greg MinardManaging Director, Repo Sales and Trading
Greg previously served as Head of Operations & Chief Compliance Officer for KopenTech Capital Markets.
- Prior to working at Kopen Tech, Greg was a Managing Director at Mirae Asset Securities USA where he worked in repo sales and trading and was part of the initial team tasked with building the broker-dealer. Greg also worked at Industrial and Commercial Bank of China and was an expert witness/advisor in a REIT litigation case. Earlier in his career, Greg worked at Kidder Peabody and UBS. While at UBS he was a Managing Director running the Credit Repo/Funding business. Greg received his BA in Economics and MBA-Finance from Long Island University C.W. Post.
Robert E. MasiChief Compliance Officer
Robert Masi is a compliance professional with 15 years experience and has been the Chief Compliance Officer of ARMOUR Capital Management since January 2017.
- Since 2012 Mr. Masi has been the Managing Partner of Accordo and its predecessor company, experts in financial services compliance consultancy, where he and a staff of twelve consultants develop, implement, and test compliance programs. At Accordo, Mr. Masi has also been interim Chief Compliance Officer for several firms. Prior to that, he was a Senior Consultant with an international consulting company, the IMS Group, now a part of Cordium. Prior to that he was an Associate Principal Examiner with FINRA in the District 10 NY office where conducted routine examinations and special investigations related to fraud and anti-money laundering. Mr. Masi holds a Bachelor's Degree in Finance and Accounting with a minor in Economics from Fordham University's Gabelli School of Business, and is a Wharton Certified Regulatory Compliance Professional.
Michael HenryDirector of Repo & Rates, Sales & Trading
Michael Henry has more than 25 years of cash and repo trading experience. Prior to joining Buckler, Mike was part of the short duration and repo trading desk at Mirae asset securities. Mike as held both short and long duration trading positions at Barclays (BZW), Mizuho, HSBC and RBC Capital Markets.
- Mike joined Buckler to further expand the financing and trading platform and help implement our client centric growth strategy. Mikes extensive knowledge of Treasury Markets and particularly refunding auctions will provide clients with unique insights into market trends. His focus will be on relative value and the seasonal supply swings as the Federal Reserve Bank conducts changes to Monetary Policy. Michael has a A.S. in Business Management from Nassau Community College and continued his studies at Pace University in Economics and Finance.
Andrew LazarManaging Director, Head of Rates Sales
Mr. Lazar has over 35 years of Wall Street finance experience and was most recently a Managing Director and Senior Rates Salesperson at BMO Capital Markets LLC ("BMO") from 2011 to 2023. Prior to joining BMO, Mr. Lazar was Head of Hedge Fund Sales at Quadriserv/AQS Markets from 2008 to 2011.
- Previously Mr. Lazar was a Director of G10 Rates Sales at UBS Securities LLC. Mr. Lazar's educational background includes an MBA, with Honors, from Regis University and a B.S. in Computer Science from Hofstra University, where he is a member of the Zarb Business School Finance Department Alumni Board.